Contracts Executive (Part-Time/ flexible hours)
Bev James Management is a talent management and literary agency that specialises in working with clients who have a positive message to share with the world. Our work helps our clients reach their purpose-driven goals that support their overall mission and values.
At BJM we do things differently: as well as creating record-breaking, best-selling books, we also build a sustainable business around our clients’ brands. As a small but powerful team, everything we do is ‘joined up’, from our live events to our publishing deals and brand partnerships.
We are currently recruiting a Contracts Executive, you will be working closely with the Talent Managers to ensure partnership contracts are aligned with the agreed deliverables and overseeing the completion of negotiated contracts. We are looking for someone with good attention to detail and organisational skills, and who has previous strong contracts experience
- Create, analyse, revise and finalise a wide range of contracts, in coordination with the talent management team (e.g. brand partnerships, events, product development)
- Proactively identify and make amendments/suggestions to protect Bev James Management and their clients
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business and clients
- Update records of contracted invoice/payment clauses in coordination with the relevant manager to ensure all contracted invoices are raised in a timely manner
- Maintain and update contractual records, status reports, and other critical information
- Provide guidance on contracts to the talent managers
- Ensure every contract is signed and delivered to all parties
- Reviewing existing contracts and updating them
- Ensure internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes
The right person:
- You will have previous contract experience with accurate drafting skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to show own initiative and have excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills and organisational skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Proactive approach to work, able to pre-empt problems before they occur
- Committed with a flexible, “can-do” attitude
What we will offer to the right person in return:
- Competitive salary.
- An environment where your ideas are welcomed, valued and listened to.
- The support of a calm, supportive and nurturing CEO.
- Have your contribution noted and your success celebrated.
- The ability to be trusted to make decisions and work on your own.
- The opportunity to grow and develop within the role and the company.
Location/Hours: Part-time flexible hours, mainly work from home with on average 1-2 visits per month to the office in Chiswick, plus any essential meetings.
How To Apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and how your skills and experience will benefit the business to: firstname.lastname@example.org.