Bev James Management is a talent management and literary agency that specialises in working with clients who have a positive message to share with the world. Our work helps our clients reach their purpose-driven goals that support their overall mission and values.
At BJM we do things differently: as well as creating record-breaking, best-selling books, we also build a sustainable business around our clients’ brands. As a small but powerful team, everything we do is ‘joined up’, from our live events, to our publishing deals and brand partnerships.
Your role will be key in amplifying our clients’ messages. We are looking for a confident, highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mindset. You should be able to build upon current relationships with clients and partners, whilst also securing new opportunities through diverse income streams.
We want to work with someone who shares our passion for making a positive and lasting difference to our clients, as well as the people they inspire daily. This is an opportunity to build a career in a driven, dynamic, friendly and fast-growing company.
- Work closely with the CEO Bev James to support the roster of talent and generate opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with clients and external partners including speaker agencies, advertising agencies, licensing and publishing partners.
- Ensure a consistent pipeline of bookings and partnerships for each client.
- Formulate strategies and build additional revenue streams for each client.
- Identify and sign both key and emerging talent.
- Manage inbound enquires in a timely manner, whilst also proactively identifying new opportunities and acting upon them swiftly.
- Plan and create TV, brand, book and licensing pitches.
- Lead on fee negotiation, contracts, invoicing and payments for commercial deals.
- Liaise with talent and coordinate diary and travel arrangements.
- Attend engagements with clients when necessary (this may be outside of normal working hours).
- Update bookings on our client management system.
- Work collaboratively with a supportive team to manage and ensure a ‘joined up’, efficient operation.
- Be flexible within the needs of the business and be available to work on special projects when necessary.
The right person:
- Self-motivated and proactive self-starter who can lead and work on projects independently.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience within talent management, PR or entertainment industry.
- Strong network of key contacts across the industry including broadcasting, media, brands and PR.
- Natural ability and willingness to sell talents’ skills, experience and profile to bring in new opportunities both in person, by phone and via e-mail.
- High-quality written skills, which include strong spelling, grammar and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work quickly.
- Natural rapport builder with exceptional people skills.
- Must be discrete with confidential information.
- Strong work ethic and an excellent timekeeper.
- Stays on top of industry developments and trends.
- Ideas generator who can explore new avenues and opportunities.
- A consistent, pleasant, happy demeanour.
- To work in our Chiswick London office.
What we will offer to the right person in return:
- Competitive salary.
- An environment where your ideas are welcomed, valued and listened to.
- Have your contribution noted and your success celebrated.
- The ability to be trusted to make decisions and work on your own.
- Have the support of a calm, supportive and nurturing CEO.
- The opportunity to work closely with exceptional talent.
- The opportunity to grow and develop within the role and the company.
Location/Hours: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday – office based.
How To Apply: Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and how your skills and experience will benefit the business to: firstname.lastname@example.org.